A Kids healthy lifestyle!
Activity to help lay the groundwork for a Kids healthy lifestyle!
Sensei Darren breaks it down;
According to KidsHealth.org children 6 – 12 years of age need physical activity to build strength, coordination, confidence — and to lay the groundwork for a healthy lifestyle.
They’re also gaining more control over how active they are.
School-age kids should have many chances to participate in a variety of activities, sports, and games that fit for their personality, ability, age, and interests. Brainstorm with your kids on activities that feel right. Most kids won’t mind a daily dose of fitness as long as it’s fun.
Many parents choose martial arts for a structured activity because Martial Arts teaches kids a lot.
– The fitness includes strength training with aerobic benefits as well as flexibility.
– Martial Arts is a transformational activity. It’s about developing people from the inside out using an activity they love.
– Kids like the kicking, self defense, and parents love the “Transformation” of their kids with more perserverence, confidence, self esteem, courage, respect and courtesy
Physical activity guidelines for school-age kids recommend that each day they:
- Get 1 hour or more of moderate and vigorous physical activity on most or all days. Martial Arts 2 – 3 days a week keeps kids on a schedule
- Participate in several bouts of physical activity of 15 minutes or more each day
- Avoid periods of inactivity of 2 hours or more unless sleeping. Once again a scheduled martial arts class will give them something to look forward to a couple of days each week.